Basic criteria for all foreign visitors
The following are the official minimum requirements for foreign visitors to HK.
• have a minimum validity on your passport of 1 month beyond the intended stay (or the duration of the visa may be restricted so that there will be one month after the visa expiry)
• properly complete the immigration card on arrival
• have a visa if your nationality is required to have one
• have onward or return travel arrangements
• have sufficient funds for your stay without working (based on Immigration's definition, not yours)
• not have a serious criminal record or be likely to be involved in crime, nor be considered a security risk